Monday, June 14, 2010

And So He's Off...19 weeks to go!

We where up at 5:30 am to get ready to send Shawn off on a 19 week deployment.
 I know I'm odd and I like to count weeks, not days or months. Days drag out WAAAAAAY too long and months just don't cover the sense if time waiting.. so weeks it is.
We had our normal parting..I like to treat it like any other day...not that we drop him off to work very often but its easier to say a simple good bye or rather see you later a quick kiss and drive away, then to drag it out until one or all starts to cry. Its hard enough with out starting out with a huge cry fest
I will have my reality check later in the week or month at about 3 am....
By 7:30 the kids and I where back home...then off to school for them and I droped by the MFRC to sign the kids up for the Deployment workshops.
I then went out to the Lagoon to watch the ship leave but as she did not leave untill after 10:20 I missed it...I got to see a number of Visiting ships head out.

For those not in the know this past weekend was the Fleet Review.
We where treated to a visit from ships from Australia, France, Japan, New Zealand and the USA.


We got to see a free show by the Skyhawks and the Snowbirds.

1 comment: